Monday, March 17, 2008

Good news and my new wheels

It's been a while since I posted but I have been EXTREMELY busy with work and school and I had a long & crazy battle with the flu. I got some good news at work last week that for the 2nd time in 6 months I have been promoted! I had to go through 2 interviews and there were 7 people that were going for the positions. Out of 7 they took 3 and I was one of them! I am now a Non-Perishable Manager, which means that I am in charge of the Grocery, General Merchandise, Health & Beauty Care, Dairy and Frozen departments. I start my new position in 3-4 weeks and I am greatly looking forward to it. The only bad part is that my ass now has to dress up for work every day (I'm pretty sure we all know how much I HATE wearing dress clothes). However, I'm sucking it up because I realize that I had to enter the professional world at some point in my life! :)

I love to reward myself...SOOOO...Cindy and I went to Coastal Nissan (the dealership I bought my car from) and I traded my orange baby in for a 2008 Nissan Xterra. I'm sooooo excited because (1) I have always wanted a truck/SUV and (2) I have wanted an Xterra for a very long time! The color is Red Brawn (shown in the picture). I get to pick up Vera the Xterra on either Wednesday or Thursday. I'm having fog lights installed so I am getting it a few days later. Sydney the Sentra will be missed as she has been verrrry good to me. I love my orange car so much and it was a tough decision, but ultimately it came down to the fact that I have wanted an Xterra for at least 5 years. I'll be sure to take pictures of Vera in the flesh when she arrives safely in our driveway so stay tuned...


3 comments:

lindavaicius said...

Mom & Dad said.

CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTY!!!!!

We are sooooooo proud of you and all the hard work that you do.We are so excited about the new car and can't wait for a ride in it so don't forget to swing by and pick us up on thursday before we go to work....Congratulations on your promotion, we are very proud of you!!!!!

Love you lots!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy,

Congratulations on the promotion!
Wish I could say drive by and pick me up for a ride, but how many miles would that be???
Love ya
Diane

Christy and Cynthia said...

Oh trust me Auntie Diane, if I could get the time off from work, I'd come and get you and Uncle Tony. It wouldn't just be a quick ride though...our asses would be driving cross-country to see Robin! Miles are never an issue :)